Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Great Companion


All these days I enjoyed the company of my friends and had a lot of fun. But now its holiday’s time. Everyone had gone and I lost all my company and it’s really like hell without it. I have to wait till the reopening of my college to gain back my company and get out of this hell.


I don’t think my friends will show up till the end of next month so I decided to make new friends. I’m not talking about making friends with people but with books. A few days back I just started reading a book so as to pass my time during a power cut. Then I realized that it is really a great past time. Of course I never felt like this when I read my subject books. But that is different from this.


From then I never felt bored that I didn’t have a company and I felt happy that I got a new company. The first book I read was a novel of Chetan bhagat, one night at call center which is a story of six persons working at a call center. It had everything in it. It was really fun reading that book. Then I turned my attention to Dan browns The Da vinci code which I borrowed from a friend. I just saw the film running in front of me when I was reading the book.


From then on I really loved the company of these books and I’m really having a great time with them. If anyone of you guys feel like bored just grab a nice book and start reading. It will really serve you as a great companion.


I think it is like Gnanodayam for a freak like me who always like to enjoy hangin around with friends, partying all the time. I realized that we can have more pleasure and enjoyment by reading books at the same time we can also gain loads of knowledge.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u did the write thing..books can be extremely helpful to kill time..i too started reading books like that but now i am incomplete without them
hope ur affair with books continue :) ..
dont stop reading books once ur college starts.. :P

Anonymous said...

oops/..its right not write :D

Anonymous said...

I hate chetan bhagat, man.. he's so weird... I prefer italo calvino and john grisham... :)

Anonymous said...

Even i like John Grisham yar he's unique in his writing style.................
I think professionals don't like Chetan Bagat........but guys like me love him because he presents his story in a simple language.........we can easily get what he is saying.......